Sunday, 13 March 2011

flickr #324 Cherry Eye Bridge (no53)

Cherry Eye Bridge (no53)
Originally uploaded by Deego
To Flickr on 13th March, 2011
Taken at the end of January on a lovely walk along the Caldon Canal from Froghall wharf. The Canal was built in 1773 and the unusual shaped bridge was used by miners to cross to the Ironstone mine. The name Cherry Eye apparently comes from the colour around the miners eye that used to cross it.


flickr index
2010 Photo index
Photo index